DescriptionSenior Software Engineer Bogota, Colombia
*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
The Opportunity: We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world\'s leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
We are building up a new group within Blackboard focused on enterprise data services. This team’s mission is to bring data together from across Blackboard’s extensive product lines into our cloud-based data lake. We are the analytics and data experts at Blackboard. Our team enables other development teams to strategically and effectively utilize the data lake for a variety of Blackboard products. We deliver products and services for analytics, data science, business intelligence, and reporting.
The successful candidate will have a strong foundation in software design, software development, scaled infrastructure, containerization, enterprise build patterns, databases, pipeline development, configuration management as well as strong problem-solving skills, analytical thinking skills, and strong written & verbal communication skills
The person in this role must be comfortable with complex software development projects and be an innovative thinker capable of communicating multi-faceted technical concepts. As a direct contributor, the candidate must have a track record of achieving goals and meeting deadlines on multi-team projects, and the ability to work in an aggressive, fast-paced environment with evolving requirements. In addition to developing software, the ideal candidate can troubleshoot problems and support our production environments.
This engineer will be working in a serverless environment on the AWS platform, and should have a strong desire to learn as technologies evolve.
The Candidate: Required skills/qualifications:
- 6-8+ years of experience developing enterprise, serverless API solutions
- Experience as a tech lead on a team that collaborates with multiple other teams and individuals
- Experience with big data: extraction, processing, filtering, and presenting large data quantities via AWS technologies, SQL, Python and data pipelines
- Experience building in large-scale, cloud environments, AWS, cloud-based solution implementation and maintenance, domain driven design and service-oriented architecture.
- Experience implementing Web Services (REST API), authentication, CI/CD lifecycles and pipelines.
- Experience working with Snowflake (or another cloud based data warehouse)
- Knowledge and experience with data transformation, stored procedures, tasks and streams
- Expert knowledge of professional engineering best practices for the full SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences in a global environment
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and web services
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
- AWS: S3, EC2, RDS, Lambda, IAM, SQS, SNS, CloudFront, API Gateway, VPC, EKS
- Databases: Snowflake, Dynamo DB, Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres and other relational & non-relational data stores
- CI/CD tools: GitHub, AWS CodePipeline, Flyway/SnowChange
- Reporting: QuickSight, Power BI, Tableau
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine, dental plan, and wellness allowance
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free parking for employees and paid parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Daily budget to spend on beverage vending machines
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
- Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management\'s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: 487