This is an exciting opportunity for a software engineer passionate about open source software, Linux, and Enterprise hardware. Come build a rewarding, meaningful career working with the best and brightest people in technology at Canonical, a growing international software company.
This role will be perfect for someone who enjoys working with customers, developing tools, and creating and maintaining good partnerships with the biggest names in datacenter hardware.
What you\'ll do
- Technically support the partner/customer to fulfil contractual obligations
- Educate the partner with regard to Canonical\'s tools, processes, and product roadmaps
- Share the technical and organizational knowledge of the partner to grow relationships and smooth integration points
- Test, troubleshoot, and debug issues related to hardware, compatibility, functionality, and performance
- Support Canonical\'s internal teams on partner engagements
- Serve as a liaison between partners and Canonical product engineering teams on addressing product issues
- Be involved in driving the Ubuntu Server Certification program forward as new technologies emerge
- Assist the team with development projects that help test enterprise class hardware
- Work from home with global travel 2 to 4 times per year for internal and external events
Who you are
- You enjoy working in a customer-facing technical role that mixes development and relationship management
- You have in depth knowledge of server-class hardware, firmware, and software
- You are self-directing and can work independently yet also function well in a globally and culturally diverse team
- You know your way around Linux systems, virtualization technologies, and cloud computing concepts
- You love technology and working with brilliant people to solve complex problems
- You are curious, flexible, articulate, and accountable
- You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
- You have a Bachelor\'s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You have interest and experience with two or more of the following: Ubuntu Linux - kernel or userspace, Quality Assurance, Hardware Validation, Datacenter-class Hardware, AI/ML, QEMU/KVM, LXC/LXD, Python, shell scripting, Debian packaging,
- You love learning new technologies and getting the latest generation hardware to work well with Ubuntu
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better platform for our users and customers. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of the world of Ubuntu.