Directs the software systems development function, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for software enhancements and new products. Oversees the development of software for operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, and databases. Determines hardware compatibility and/or hardware design. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is well versed in Agile practices, is customer focused, likes building teams, has experience meeting the demands of enterprise customers, and has practical expertise managing big data technologies. Experience in the industrial sector is a huge plus.
This role reports to the Campus Manager and is located in Medellin, Colombia .
What you will do
- Responsible for the continued development and motivation of a highly productive software development group that consistently delivers exceptional product to our customers – experience building a team and hiring successfully are critical
- Responsibilities include engineering process (primarily agile), requirements definition, system design, implementation, design verification, test, and release to manufacturing – “owner” of the release and making customers successful
- Functions as a key member of an intra-Business product development team, participating in the creation and execution of product development and delivery strategies – “leader” in the software discipline
- Responsible for multifunctional software group of 25-35 employees across multiple locations.
- Recruit, develop, and review, department personnel – experience building new teams critical
- Establish and maintain budgets, product development plans, schedules and procedures required to accomplish department and business objectives.
- Work with peer managers to develop, implement and continuously improve development processes, ensuring quality products delivered in a timely, predictable manner – “make Rockwell better”
- Effective hands on management required and able to work across teams effectively
- Domain expertise in analytics technology and expertise with enterprise class products and solutions
- Experience with industrial sectors, delivering version 1.0 products, cloud, and cloud strongly preferred
- BS Computer Science, BS Computer Engineering, or BS Electrical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in a management role.
- MS in Engineering is desirable
- Experience in industrial automation software
- Possess a minimum of 12 years of experience in product development and/or application design with a minimum of 7 years of technical leadership experience.